Tuesday 12 March 2013

Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner - Blackened Metal

If you had a chance to read my previous Blog 'Elf Haul March 2013' you will know that the liner I bought was a bit of a disaster. It jogged my memory that about 6 months ago I purchased a Gel eye liner from Avon. So I hunted high & low, finally locating it and the brush I bought to go with it and thought I would try it out properly.

I LOVE this liner. I wouldn't normally extend my liner this far, but wanted to show you just how gorgeous it it. 


I purchased this in 'Blackened Metal' which is opaque black with flecks of glitter in it. I also purchased the brush as it doesn't come with a liner brush & I didn't own one. If I remember rightly the liner was £3 (roughly) and the brush was £2/3. I have checked the avon catalogue & it doesn't appear to be in there at the moment so let's hope it is in a campaign soon as I need to purchase some more! 

The product comes in a glass jar and it seems solid and not very 'gel like' but once the brush starts to pick up product you can see that it isn't solid. Application wise it goes on very easily although I did have to apply two applications to get the depth of colour I like from my liner.

Once on it doesn't want to shift too easily and takes a bit of elbow grease to get it off, so if you make any mistakes wipe it off quickly before it can dry. The gel can get a bit grainy/clumpy on the brush, the first line I drew left me with a bit of fallout, but I found that keeping a tissue to wipe the excess product on to avoided this problem. Once built up the black is a solid black liner, with flecks of glitter in and it was so easy to create a wing/flick with this product.

I would give this a 9/10. I have removed 0.5 for the fact that Avon sometimes sell it & sometimes don't. It's annoying when you need something & can't buy it. I have removed the other 0.5 for the need to build up the colour. Although it isn't really a problem, it would be better if one application gave the depth you want.

I highly recommend this product to anyone.

For anyone who was wondering what I used to do the eye shadow (it's not my best, I just put it on quick to do the liner for you) here's my product list:

Base: E.L.F. Jumbo Eye Shadow Stick in French Lace
Lid: E.L.F. Baked eye shadow in Pixie
Highlight: E.L.F. Baked Blush in Pinktastic
Crease/Outer Corner: E.L.F. Baked Eye Shadow in Dusk
Inner Corner: E.L.F. Butter Cream (Please don't use this as I realised after it made me look jaundice... this colour sucks!)
Liner: Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner in Blackened Metal
Mascara: E.L.F. Lengthening & Defining Mascara in Black

As Always Thank You For Reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment