Ingredients (Makes approximately 18 cookies)
Each cookie is approximately 310 calories
- 250g Plain flour
- 200g light brown soft sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 170g unsalted butter (must be soft or melted)
- 2 eggs - 1 whole egg & yolk only of second egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 360g of chocolate chips or chunks
Hubby & I chose dairy milk as it's our favourite. But by all means use galaxy, chocolate chips, smarties, mini eggs, fruit, what ever you want really! If using a bar break the chocolate in to individual squares.
- Preheat your oven to 170C/Gas mark 3 or 150C for a fan oven.
- Sift your flour, salt & Bicarbonate of soda
- In a seperate bowl cream the two types of sugar & butter together until thoroughly mixed & fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, 1 egg & 1 egg yolk and beat until light & fluffy.
- Add the sifted ingredients and mix until blended. You should have a creamy but quite stiff dough.
- Add the chocolate and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Take a baking tray and either grease with margerine/butter or line with greaseproof/baking paper.
- Spoon the mixture on to the tray, about 1-2 tablespoons of mixture per cookie. Leave plenty of space between each dollop and do not flatten the mixture. As it cooks the mixture will flatten out.
- Leave in the oven for 15-20 minutes, the cookies should be golden brown (more so on the edges) soft but not runny.
- Serve hot with a dollop of ice-cream, or leave to cool & eat later.
Middle two are a little bit too close!
Starting to go golden brown but still uncooked in the middle, back in they go!
Even if I say so myself these were absolutely delicious! Give them a go and let me know what you thought!
Or do you have a better recipe for me to try? Chris & I love the large dairy milk chunks in our cookies, but what is your favourite chocolate/sweet to add?
As always, thanks for reading! xox