Tuesday 5 March 2013

Mum's The Word - Mother's Day Tag

With Mother's day fast approaching I decided to dedicate this blog to my wonderful Mum. I am working on a blog post on Wedding Cakes, but decided this was far more important, so I have taken an evening away from that post. I hope you all enjoy!

Mothers Day is Sunday 10th March so make sure you have got something special for your Mum or mother type person. It's not very often we all take a moment to stop & appreciate what our Mums have done and continue to do for us. I have decided to create a mothers day tag and if you have a blog I would love it if you too would do this post and on the comments below post the link to your blog for me, if you don't have a blog feel free to comment below with your tag.

Ok so the idea behind this tag is to list 5 of your favourite things or memories about your Mum. So Mum, this one is for you!

1) My Mum is now one of my best friends as well as my Mum. We enjoy each others company and have fun together. Which is of course fabulous that we are close and like each other (always a bonus)! But what I love most is this is something that happened when I became an adult. When I was a child my Mum was my parent, not my best mate and I loved that about her! I loved that she looked after me and wasn't there to impress me.

2) My Mum has a wicked sense of humour. We share a similar and sarcastic sense of humour which can confuse people and they don't know whether to take either of us seriously when we are together. I love that my Mum can get a giggle out of me during pretty much every conversation we have. I love that we get each other and share many jokes together. Funny funny woman!

3) One of the things I love most about my Mum is that she has always encouraged me & my sister to improve our skills, to be independent and to know what we want from life. Teaching us to cook, feeding our love of reading and allowing us to try our hand at pretty much anything within reason. I am quite independent and stubborn. I moved out at 19 and I love to do things my way. It doesn't always work out as planned but Mum is always there for me & because of that I think I am more resilient and always quick to come up with my back up plan. The tough skin my sister and I have & the skills we have to provide for our families came from the time & effort Mum gave to teaching us. In this day & age not many Mums have the time to teach their children to cook or sew, our Mum did... and I love that!

4) Her cooking! My Mum is just the best cook & I don't care what anyone says, your Mum is not better!! Haha. From her soups, to her pot roast chicken. From her Sunday Roast to her Spaghetti Bolognese. From her Chocolate Mousse to her Profiteroles, my Mum rocks in the kitchen. If I have been ill, or had a bad week there is nothing like spending a day with my parents. The icing on the cake and the cherry on the top is my Mums delicious food.

5) I have far too many good memories & things to say about my Mum but my collective favourite times with my Mum are our girls days out. Shopping for her Mother of the Bride outfit, shopping in town, having lunch or going for coffee. No matter where we go or what we do on a girls day it is always fun and I always enjoy myself. It's always good to catch up, and no matter what is happening with our family or in my life Mum is always there, she always has time for me and our girls days are just the best.

So! A big thank you to my Mum for always being there, for letting me make plenty of mistakes  along the way but still supporting me, for never giving up on me when I "don't do things by half" and for laughing with me when everyone is looking at me like I lost the plot. Thank you for looking after me when I've been ill, for listening to me moan when it all gets too much and for just being a genuinely lovely person & wonderful Mum. I love you so much & am so grateful for everything you have done & continue to do for me! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Ok guys let me know what your favourite things about your Mum are, what makes her the best Mum in your eyes. Show some appreciation and give me your top 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment