Friday 2 January 2015

Christmas 2014 / Welcome 2015!!

So it's that time of year where we start to pull down the Christmas decorations and find places for all the gifts. I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and wish you all a Happy New Year!



For Christmas this year Baby R & I spent Christmas Eve visiting family while Hubby had to work. Christmas day we spent the morning with my side of the family and the afternoon with Hubby's side of the family. It was a really lovely day. Watching Baby R sit and unwrap gifts (well sit on the lap of the person unwrapping the gifts for him) spend time with his cousins, aunties, uncles & grandparents really was magical. I was lucky enough to catch a cold from Baby R so by Christmas dinner I was starting to feel pretty rubbish. So on Boxing Day, Daddy took over Baby duty and Mummy rested. We got our first taste of a Christmas of purchasing more batteries than I've ever bought before. Should have taken out shares in V-Tech, Leapfrog, Fisher Price, Duracell and Energiser. I'd be a rich woman by now! Even the cat is less than impressed with the addition of multiple musical toys!



Originally we planned on spending Baby R's first Christmas at home just the three of us, but my sister, brother in law, niece and nephew who don't live close to us came to stay for Christmas and New Year. So we decided to make it a family occasion instead and I'm really glad we did. It was such a fun and lovely Christmas. For NYE we saw it in with my side of the family, as it won't be long and they will return home. We ate too much food, played party games and watched Baby R playing with his cousins. It seems like in the short time our family have been visiting, the little man has learnt and changed so much!

I started 2015 visiting both sides of the family again and also my best friend ... who is family to me, so I could have just said I spent the day visiting family, how verbose of me. I won't share the intimate details of all the visiting but needless to say it was a lovely start to 2015 and I'm hoping for many more family days and memories in 2015.

So what does 2015 have in store for Blogging Mamma...

Well in a few short months I will be returning to work. My little man will spend more time with his baby sitters than his mummy and that does make me a little sad.
I will be attending my sisters wedding, which I very much look forward to. I'm hoping my little man will be standing by then and manage a little dance with his Mummy.
My little man will turn 1 this year. Another celebration he won't understand, with the best of intentions I will not go over the top, but then will totally spoil him and probably write a blog post about how much of a disaster being sensible was!
Also in 2015 I look forward to spending time with Baby R's cousin who was born just before Christmas and his twin cousins/besties born just before New Year.

How did you spend your Christmas/New Years? What plans do you have for 2015? Let me know in the comments below and as always, thanks for reading! xoxo



2 comments:

  1. Aw sounds like you had a fabulous time. I look forward to reading about your adventures in 2015. Happy new year.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was lovely. Happy new year! xx

      Delete