Monday 5 January 2015

Liebster Award Part 2


Having been nominated and written my Liebster Award post (linked) I put it to one side. I don't know if all bloggers do this, but I like to give myself at least a few hours after initially writing a post to think about it and to re-read it. Just in case there's anything I want to change. So thinking I was all done I sat down to some twitter when a 2nd nomination came through from MummyBexM.  

Thank you MummyBexM for the nomination! I won't do the whole post all over again, I've already given the rules, my 11 random facts, and picked 11 nominees so in this post I'm just going to answer MummyBexM's questions and of course tell you a little bit about her blog!

A relatively new blog and a new mum to her almost 4 month old little boy. She blogs about her life as a mummy, throws in some lovely pictures of her family and also writes some really informative posts to help other mums on things like sleep routines. A really enjoyable read. Be sure to pop over and say hi!


The 11 questions I've been given are:
1) When and why did you start blogging? 
This is a question I touched upon in my first Liebster Award post. I originally started my blog, which was then called 'Just Add Colour' back in October 2012 shortly before my wedding day to share some of the hints and tips I'd picked up along the way for planning a wedding. 
Eventually the wedding posts got mixed in with beauty, recipes and a lot of other random stuff. I eventually took a break from blogging for personal reasons, the break was about 16months. In May 2014 my little boy was born and in October 2014 I decided I missed blogging, but wedding blogs weren't for me anymore so my blog was renamed Blogging Mamma and my lifestyle/parenting blog was born!

2)What recently read blog post have you enjoyed? 
There's a few, especially with all the Christmas posts recently. But one that springs to mind is Plutonium Sox post The Little Things. A lovely mix of getting to know the blogger, some lovely pictures of her two girls and a lesson I stand to learn that children aren't materialistic and Baby R doesn't need half of what I got him, because Christmas told me to!

3) If you could learn a new skill, what would you like it to be?
I'd learn to drive. I wish I'd done it when I had the time and money earlier in life. Would make things much easier now with baby. Especially when I go back to work.

4) If you could have any 5 guests over for dinner who would they be and why? 
My Grandfather and My Nan who passed away many years ago now. But I miss them like crazy and if I could have them over for dinner and have them meet my hubby and hold my son, it would be the best thing ever.
Michael McIntyre because I find him hilarious, and I think there is nothing better than a good laugh with good company.
J.K. Rowling because I am a Potter fan and I'd love to spend an evening with the woman who created my favourite characters.
Brendan Carroll in the character of Mrs Brown. I'd probably eat very little and just laugh all night, but laughter is the best medicine.

5) Who is your favourite fictional character? 
Elizabeth Bennett from Pride & Prejudice or Dumbledore from Harry Potter

6) What question would you like to ask the Queen, if you could? 
If you could have done anything in this world, if you weren't royal so didn't have the obligation to rule the country, then what would you have chosen to do or to be?

7) If you won the lottery, what would your first 3 spends/buys be? 
I'd buy my parents, sister and my hubbys parents & siblings houses.
I'd build my dream home.
I'd pay for a big family holiday for when Baby R was old enough to remember. Make some memories for him.

8) Which is your favourite film and why?
Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistlestop Cafe. It's the perfect mix of sadness, love, humour and addresses big issues like domestic abuse and racism. I just love it.

9) If you were a biscuit, what type would you be?
I'd probably be something like a digestive. Rather plain and boring, but reliable and perfect with a cup of coffee.

10) Where in the world would you like to go/visit? 
If I could I'd love to do a cruise and visit loads of landmarks etc. But if I had to pick one place it would be Sorrento in Italy. I'd love the food, the gorgeous weather, the beautiful town and scenery. Plus it's close enough to go visit Pompeii which is on my bucket list!

11) If you could be in any film, TV or book which would it be and why? 
This is a toughy. There's far too many to choose from. As a child I'd always imagine I was the heroine in my favourite books or films.
I know it's odd but I always wanted to be the Little Princess. To be such a kind and warm hearted person in such dire times. To have an imagination that kept me going, and of course to be reunited with my very rich father. I just love the book, and if you love a book enough you tend to want to be part of it. 

OK so that's my 11 questions given by Mummybexm! As always thanks for reading xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much for the mention, I'm so flattered that you enjoyed my post :) I am also a fan of dumbledore, brilliant character! Lovely post, great to learn a bit more about you.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I enjoy your blog overall but yes that post was very good! Glad you enjoyed, thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete